With over 50 years of experience in the sport flooring business, Mathusek excels at finding just the right products and partners to solve your flooring problems. Partnering with the best-of-the-best vendors worldwide, we pride ourselves on being able to offer our clients a “One-Stop Floor Shop,” filled with proven, high-quality materials from the world over. In addition to installations, Mathusek offers expert hardwood flooring maintenance and repair services, including: screening, sanding, and repairs. This handy round-up provides a look at some of our top vendors.
Action Floor Systems serves a far-reaching customer base—on every continent except Antarctica!—providing wood and synthetic sports floor options for college & universities, K-12 gyms, field houses, professional arenas, multipurpose community centers, squash and racquetball courts, aerobic and dance rooms, and more. Some Action options include:
- Action Herculan® IG Series. This flooring modified resin system sticks to most surfaces and can be installed indoors or out. Herculan IG provides smooth, seamless, non-slip, and durable commercial flooring for high-traffic spaces such as banks, cafeterias, garages, kitchens, labs, schools and shower facilities.
- Action Herculan® Synthetic Pad and Pour Floors. An ideal multipurpose sport floor, this series features an exclusive, water-based nontoxic top coat, free of volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Installation requires no building evacuation, making scheduling smoother.
- Concorde Flooring Systems. Made from maple, this lower-profile system relies on anchored stability for good force reduction and great ball response. Highly resilient, it offers uniform playability and consistent shock absorption to reduce injuries to athletes.
- Interloc. This wood sport flooring is composed of solid maple laid over a floating subfloor. An especially good choice for environments in which humidity fluctuates, it’s available as Interloc I for general purpose or Interloc II for performance-level use.
Read more about Herculan IG in your locker room
Art-Ice is the only dry and self-lubricating synthetic ice rink in the world. The Art-Ice artificial ice rink is manufactured in the Netherlands and works closely with Mathusek for U.S. installations. Benefits include:
- Quick assembly. Art-Ice can be configured to any size and shape and laid directly on any firm, even surface by assembling stackable synthetic panels.
- Money-saving. Synthetic ice reduces costs by eliminating the need for electricity or gas to keep the surface frozen, and it requires minimal maintenance.
- Eco-friendly. In addition to eliminated the need for cooling, Art-Ice modified polyethylene panels do not emit CO2 and are 100% recyclable.
Read more about Art-Ice installations
Best known for engineered wood flooring systems, HARO has grown to be Germany’s leading manufacturer of hardwood engineered and laminate flooring. Haro prides itself on high quality, sustainability and innovative technologies. Mathusek partners with HARO on its Rio line of outdoor tennis and basketball courts, which offer:
- Unmatched performance. Rio has a 49% shock absorption rate and a standard deformation of just 1.3mm—viewed as perfect performance characteristics for professional players. In addition, Rio offers a ball rebound of 98% for basketballs and 96% for tennis balls.
- True Versatility. Rio’s excellent drainage system and sure footing make it a popular choice for both wet and dry conditions. It fulfills the requirements for tennis surfaces and can be used in multifunctional facilities for all kinds of outdoor activities including basketball.
- Quick installation. This modular system can be expertly set up by Mathusek in a very short time (and quickly dismantled if necessary), making basketball court installation for outdoor summer playing or tournaments a cinch.
Read more about Haro’s impact on athletic performance
Mondo Sport & Flooring develops, designs and manufactures indoor and outdoor rubber sport flooring and equipment. Mondo has been the official supplier of athletic tracks for the past 10 Olympic Games, from Montreal 1976 to London 2012. Mathusek installs such Mondo products as:
- Sport Impact and Ramflex. These tough, two-layered floors stand up to the force of the heaviest weight room equipment.
- Super X and Advance. These indoor field house flooring options provide the optimum blend of energy return, comfort, safety and durability.
- Mondotrack. The featured outdoor track at past Olympic events, Mondotrack delivers an optimal combination of energy return, shock absorption, elasticity and comfort.
Read more about Mondo sport flooring
Polylast™ SurfaceGuard with Microban® Antimicrobial protection is “Best Under Hoof & Foot!” This game changing, slip resistant, durable, comfortable, sound absorbing, odor reducing and stain resistant surface is used by renowned universities, equestrian, canine and livestock facilities alike. Benefits include:
- Antimicrobial. Polylast uses Microban® antimicrobial technology to ensure microbe-inhibiting product protection.
- Environmentally friendly. Polylast is made of 100% recycled rubber and contributes to beneficial “LEED” ratings.
- Versatile and practical. Available in a range of colors, Polylast is easier to clean and disinfect than any other system.
Read more about antimicrobial floor surfaces
One of the largest suppliers of transition products in the industry today, SafePath™ manufactures ramps, landings, flooring reducers and other industrial and residential products for ADA (American’s with Disability Act) and access code compliance. They are committed to eliminating structural barriers by incorporating universal design with accessibility while utilizing advanced “green” technology.
- ADA compliant. Keep your space accessible to all as products meet ADA standards and best practices.
- Green practices. Helping those around you and helping the environment with eco-friendly choices is a win-win situation.
Hailing from Italy, this laminate parquet flooring line offers affordable European luxury combined with quick installation for any commercial project. A range of traditional and prefinished solid wood is available in a variety of stylish colors.
- Affordable luxury. Hardwood flooring can be a large investment. Give your space a premium finish without premium pricing.
- Quick to install. Installation can be completed in as quickly as an afternoon.
- European style. Bring a piece of San Marino, Italy craftsmanship to your home, office, loft or business.
Read more about ALI Parquets fine European craftsmanship
UBU Sports is the leading brand of synthetic turf surfaces for football, baseball, field hockey, soccer, rugby, and lacrosse. Their sport-specific surfaces are scientifically engineered to enhance athletic performance and maximize player safety. UBU Turf offers “ground gear for athletes”:
- Durability. Each UBU surface undergoes a rigorous 21-step ASTM testing battery from independent laboratories to validate a host of product and performance attributes.
- Safety. UBU turf is tested for lead and heavy metal compliance with the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Read more about UBU synthetic sport surfaces
To learn more about any of these products, contact the installation experts at Mathusek today!